Friday, August 8, 2008

Back to school blues....

Where is BB King when you need him? I've got the Back to School Blues.... I'm so sad that summer is over. Of course, it is still HOT as h e double hockey sticks here but still.....BACK TO SCHOOL and SO SOON?

Ripstick Boy took the bus for the first time. I am not thrilled about it.
But he'll be fine. I'm sure. If not. I'll drive him. We'll see.



Curly Girl is nervous knowing her brother won't be at the same school anymore. Doesn't she LOOK nervous to YOU? NO? Not even a little bit?

We had lots of tears this morning. All mine. Now don't freak out....I wasn't a blubbering idiot, ruining my kid's first day. It was more of a general sadness that they are growing up too fast for me.
I really like having my kids around. The house is too quiet right now.
This is the first summer that we weren't either in the middle of moving IN or moving OUT and that I wasn't having to work outside the home. It was the FIRST time I could just be with them and be able to schedule fun stuff to do. We all really enjoyed the simplicty of it. There have been a couple other summers when I wasn't working...but that was because we were moving and I was packing our home into little boxes.

*sigh*

Of course, we did have one lazy bones who wasn't concerned at ALL about the first day of school...

yep...........while the dogs were running around in circles knowing SOMETHING IS GOING ON!, Leo was kicked back in his old crib.

7 comments:

Zoƫ said...

School???? How can they be going back to school??? Already???? Boy am I glad I have one more year before that starts....(sad)

StitchinByTheLake said...

I used to be an educator and you may be the first mom I've ever heard say she was sad when school started! Blessings, marlene

Jen Sue Wild said...

I fill the same way as You Val. I love my kids being home. I get so sad when they go back to school.
Next year my youngest will be in Kindergarten and just the thought of that make me have panic attacks.

Jennifer said...

They started on a Friday? H starts Aug 25 and I'm praying I'm not the crying fool when I drop him off. How did he grow up that fast?

Shawnee said...

Wow, I can't believe that school started for you already! Little T doesn't go back until the day after Labor Day, so we're still in a summer non-routine routine. Sewing, though. =)

Shawnee said...

PS - I've awarded you the Brillante Weblog Award -- come visit my personal blog for details.

Anonymous said...

Back to school so soon? That just seems so early!

You will all get used to your new routine and you WILL come to enjoy your time during the day. Just think of all the crafting you can do!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...