Thursday, August 14, 2008

A little bowl of cherries.

I was in Lucy's apron swap again. This time, the theme is Fall and Pies.

My partner is Tracey and she preferred to have an apron she could wear anytime of the year. The one thing she stated on her 'list of likes' is that her favorite color is red.
I happen to know she LOVES the 50's and the whole "Atomic Housewife" thing.

I can show the apron because Tracey got it...and LOVES it!


Isn't is precious? I almost couldn't part with it! I'm seriously tempted to go back and buy more fabric to make me one just like it.

I found this fabric at Hancock's. It is one of those fabrics that has a double border. I cut the 2 borders off, used one to make the pockets and one to make the ties. As you can see, I made the ties extra long so she can tie it in front or back.

The pattern is the "Loreli" from the book "A is for Apron."

We had to include a potholder and recipe which I did. I also sent her a bunch of pretty scrap fabrics that she can use for her latest obsession....making fabric covered buttons.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Val,
Thanks for posting on my blog re' the Salmon salad - I'm definitely trying your almond idea.

I love this apron! Fabulous! My mother would love this also. I'm going to show her your blog this weekend. Thanks for pointing me in your direction. I'll be scanning your content. It looks like you enjoy the same things I do ;)

jillytacy said...

Oooh it's so cute! I'm sure Tracey was thrilled! How fun that you two got to be partners! Didn't that swap just start? And you're already done...you're so good!!

Jen Sue Wild said...

just stunning..I love how it turned out!!!!!

I love this patteren..

Tracey said...

I can't tell you how much I love this apron. I wanted to wear it today to JoAnn. It was tempting!! I can't wait to make some delicious food wearing my delicious apron. I really appreciate all the hard work. How lucky am I to have 2 aprons made by you????

Sarah C said...

Your apron turned out so cute! Its no surprise that she loved it.

StitchinByTheLake said...

What a wonderful apron. I don't have that book but it sounds like one I ought to have. :) Where did you find it? blessings, marlene

CathyJean said...

Val,
That is one AWESOME apron!!! Now I really need to get that pattern enlarged, I think yours looks better then the one in the book! Great job!

Hugz,
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Cute apron! I love "A is for Apron"...My next project is the Mary Antionette:)

Anonymous said...

Cute apron! I love "A is for Apron"...My next project is the Mary Antionette:)

Shawnee said...

Dang, that is TOO CUTE! I love cherries, too. Good thing I've just assigned partners or you might have gotten ME in the FAS!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love this pattern and the fabric is perfect with the borders that you were able to use on the pockets and ties. I wish we had a Hancock's near me.
By the way, I hope all is well with you and that you didn't cancel the Christmas with Care swap on Swap-Bot for any reasons having to do with illness. I was looking forward to participating. Kathy

sarahross said...

What a great apron! Tracey gets all the good partners. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...