Friday, August 29, 2008

Boomin' Aprons Scary Swap!

Here are a few photos from the latest Halloween Apron swap I was in.

My partner really likes witches and she requested a full sized apron. I made her a fun apron using Lucy's pattern...again.....it is such a great pattern.

It turned out REALLY cute and I almost couldn't part with it.


I made it reversible....it has a pocket on the other side. I especially like the fabric I used for the ruffle!

We had to include a potholder and a goody bag to hold candy. I decided to make her a tote instead because I thought it would be fun to use during the month of October. This one has a different set of pockets on the reverse side.

I also included a Halloween bookmark and some favorite recipes.



My partner, Marcel, from Aunt Pitty Pat's sent me this WONDERFUL fun autmny apron.
I haven't seen this fabric anywhere around here so I was really thrilled. I love the waistband and that the ties are really wide and long. I tend to wrap ties around my waist and then tie them in front.
She included lots of Halloween goodies too.....of which were quickly confiscated by my 2 kids.
No surprise there.

She used different fabric for the goody bag and potholder. She also included a cookie cutter and a jack o' lantern treat bag...I refused to give THAT up.
The kids got the candy, but the bag is MINE! Oh and some great autumn napkins.....looks like I cleaned up!



Here is a close up of the cute little jack 'o' lantern..........you can't see him in the first picture....she had him all wrapped up.....




Thank you Marcel!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Val,
You are very welcome.. I loved making that apron for you. I think it turned out pretty nice.. I too had trouble parting with it.
I am so in love with the apron that you made me. Fantastic I must say :) Especially the black ruffle with little witches on it :)
Thank you so much for the wonderful extras you sent along with it. Until next time.... happy sewing :)
Marcel
You be safe with the hurricane coming in!!!

jillytacy said...

Great swap goodies! Lucky you! I really like the purple apron and tote you made. I'm not usually big on purple but I love the purple apron with the black ruffle! Great for Halloween.

Kellie said...

Perfect apron for Halloween! I love it and the matching tote and potholder are just fantastic!

I'll definitely be catching up w/your blog...I've been scrolling around and I can see that I've missed so much great stuff!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...