Thursday, August 7, 2008

Avocado Basil Pasta


After stalking for I don't know HOW long, I decided to jump in and join the recipe box swap.
August's theme is garden fresh so here is a recipe that our entire family enjoys....even CG and RB.

Avocado Basil Pasta

8 oz bowtie pasta
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2/3 c fresh basil, chopped
2 ripe avocado, chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
1TBLS olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 c grated parmesan cheese, divided

Cook and drain pasta, set aside
Make dressing from wet ingredients and put into large bowl
Add avocado and bacon and mix well
Toss with the pasta, mix well, taste for seasoning
Mix in 1/2 cup of the cheese

Sprinkle remaining cheese on top when serving!

You can also add grilled chicken or shrimp or other veggies to it. Just compensate by making a bit more dressing.




7 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

This sounds scrumptious! I love pasta in any form, and avocados I could eat by the bucket so I know this will be one of my favorites. My basil didn't make this year so I'll have to put that on my grocery list but I'll be making this soon. Blessings, marlene

frankenpug said...

This sounds delish! As luck would have it I have two avocados at home right now just waiting to be whipped up into something yummy! And I have some fresh basil in the garden...think i will add a little chicken too:) Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This sounds outrageously delicious!

CathyJean said...

Thanks, Val! I gotta save this one, sounds yummy!!
From one basil lover to another :)

Anonymous said...

Avocado, bacon and basil are three of my favorites, so I am making this for sure! Thanks for sharing!

Marilyn - A Mixed Bouquet said...

Yum! Just my sort of dish!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

Made this for dinner last night (just me and the hubby-the kids are out of town with gma and gpa) and it was AWESOME! My husband even liked it! Thanks for sharing this recipe...it is definitely going into the rotation:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...