Thursday, August 7, 2008

Calgon, take me away.......

Okay, so I don't (nor have I ever) used Calgon bath beads. But I do love a soak in the tub after a long....or even not so long day. I use Ecco Bella's Lavender shower gel. It is heavenly!

My sweet husband...ahem, son...... gave me this wonderful tub stand for my birthday. That way I get to do a little reading, drink a little wine and snack a bit all while soaking away. The tray has a built in slot for the wine stem to sit in so it doesn't topple over. Pretty neat.
If you look closely, you can see the Hershey Kisses peeking out on the far side.
BTW, this particular stand came from BBB and it is adjustable and has a slotted drain....it is really nice.
Curly Girl treated me too! She gave me the little pillow along with my other favorite shower gel....Nantucket Briar from Evelyn and Crabtree.

I always fill the tub up so high that the water threatens to spill over but it kept splashing on my book so I had to wait until I finished these photos.

Leo is always intrigued when he hears the tub filling up. He loves to walk around the edges and play with the bubbles. He fell in once already...wish I had my camera THAT day....it was too funny. He got so indignant and had to lay down immediately and dry himself off. But in this particular photo, he had been sniffing my wine. I think he got a taste because after I moved him, he was licking his lips....and tried to come back for more! Silly cat....wine is for me.

So, now that I gave away my trade secret on relaxing...... tell me, how do YOU unwind..........?

6 comments:

Zoƫ said...

I am with you bath!!! Hummm I think I might just go get one right now, thanks for the idea;)

Jennifer said...

love baths...I'll need to get one of those little shelves/stands. Very neat!

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

I knit or read (on land) to relax. I have to ask, what are you reading? Inquiring minds want to know :)

Jen Sue Wild said...

Hot hot bath in my jetted tub a box of Godiva a mug of hot coco with wiped cream and raspberry flavoring and a really good book.

What a cool book stand. My tub is way to big for one and sits at an angel. I keep looking at my tub trying to figure out how I could make one work.

Jen Sue Wild said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jillytacy said...

That looks relaxing! Looks like Leo just wanted to relax too!
To relax I like to veg on the couch watching TV and stitching. I find that stitching relaxes me and requires no brain power! Perfect at the end of a long day and I have something to show for it when I'm done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...