Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fresh Produce...

This weekend it rained and rained........it was a great weekend to hang out, eat and watch movies!

This dish is one that I can throw together without even thinking. It comes from a great cookbook called The Italian Country Table. I don't follow the recipe anymore....but this cookbook has so MANY amazing recipes...if you like Italian, you ought to check it out.

The dishes are rustic and WONDERFUL. If you like lamb, try the "Ninth Night Lamb' recipe. Even if you DON'T like lamb, you will love the dish...it is that good.

I made focaccia bread to go with it.
The recipe I like best comes from the book entitled 100 Great Breads. This book has some great bread recipes.
I use the tomato focaccia bread recipe but change it up a bit. I top it with chopped rosemary and sprinkle the top with some of the Maldon salt.



Here is what it looks like altogether on the plate.....we added some grilled shrimp for kicks.....YUM!

Needless to say, there were zero leftovers....even the kids have extra helpings when I make this.

1 comment:

Zoƫ said...

How did you make it? It looks great!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...