Friday, December 18, 2009

The Trading "Post..."

While living in Fort Worth, I belonged to a group of ladies who did home shows to sell their artsy/craftsy wares. We got together about 4-5 times a year for our sale.

Then after the show, we would TRADE STUFF! Oh my gosh, that was more fun than the 'selling of the stuff!!!!'

I haven't done that since moving to Louisiana....just haven't found a group...yet....but still hoping to. However, I was lucky enough to do a little trading for goodies this year.

I have some blogville friends who wanted to trade for some of my crocheted huggers for themselves and as gifts.

I was happy to oblige and in return, I got some lovelies myself.

First, I got this gorgeous necklace.
It was made by Lori....she has an etsy shop. You ought to go visit her store sometime.

Then, Jenny sent me a bountiful of things.
She owns an antique store and just spoiled me!

Check out this cute vintage toadstool wreath!!!! (yes, I SQUEALED!)


some patterns, vintage rickrack, ribbon, buttons, chocolate (which the kids snatched up...)


here is a close up of the cute cupcake toppers and teensy ornaments!

look at this adorable poinsettia basket...can you believe it is plastic?!

and this paper house....like a Putz! I love these houses...I think I sense a new collection coming on.....yikes!



To top it all off, this gorgeous hostess apron.......just lovely!

Thank you ladies.....we can trade 'stuff' ANYTIME!

4 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Wow! Trading would be so much fun. Great stuff you got in return. I was saying to some of the mom's at little league tonite we should make arm warmers for our pitchers as it is cold at nite in Kuwait and we try to keep the pitching arms warm in between innings. No one but me knows how to crochet. Boo! I don't have many crafty friends here so not many to get together with for fun creative parties or to trade handmade items with. It's been crazy busy around here. My email address is: massasad1@yahoo.com -- I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great weekend. :) Tammy

Judi said...

Golly that was quite the trade! Very nice surprises at the perfect time of year. Judi

Jenny said...

WOOHOO!! I am so glad you liked all your goodies! It is snowing today and it is killing me that I cannot wear my huggie yet since I am off to see my mom!! Can't let her get all excited over it!! hehehe!

laterg8r said...

wow, you made some fantastic trades :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...