Monday, December 14, 2009

Vintage Christmas Monday!


I love these Mondays...where we share our vintage ornaments and decorations.

Today, I want to share with you the things handed down to me from Peppy, my grandmother.

Peppy passed on years ago so these decorations are the hardest to put away each year.
Each year I get emotional when I take these lovelies out.
I got my crafty fingers from her...

First is this sweet Santa pillow she made:




And these are my favorite...her amazing napkin rings....all by hand.











And just look at these sweet match boxes...she put little felt faces on them.


Peppy adored cardinals so I am going search for a vintage cardinal ornament or postcard to add to our tree.

(We already have one on the tree in her honor but I think it would be nice to have one that fit the era she grew up in.)

Merry Christmas Peppy! We love you!!!

12 comments:

kjkljk;ljljgjgfuyhd said...

How precious. Those napkin rings are so sweet :+) I really like the Christmas tree ones...it almost looks like their really lit up!
Happy Monday ~
Franny

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

How precious, and even more treasures because of your grandmother...so sweet!
XOXO
Joni

Jenny said...

Those are amazing!! Youa re so lucky to have them!! Thank you for sharing them with us!

Julie Marie said...

How wonderful! Those little napkin rings are precious, and even more so because of the love your grandma Peppy put into them...thanks for sharing precious memories... Bisous... Julie Marie

Postcardy said...

Those old craft items are so much more interesting when they have memories associated with them.

I have some red feathered birds I bought about 25 years ago. I can't remember if they look like cardinals. I bought them because my father liked realistic birds on our family tree. Personally, I was always bothered by dead-looking birds.

Jane said...

What wonderful treasures with wonderful memories attached! Thanks for sharing them with us.
Jane

laterg8r said...

those are fantastic napkin rings :D

julie said...

Oh how delightful. What sweet things. I love the napkin rings. Have a great day...julie

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Those napkin rings are just too CUTE!!!! Hope you have a FUN day!

Blessings,
Linda

Boxwood Cottage said...

Cute napkin rings!
Sending you happy Vintage Christmas Monday wishes from Boxwood Cottage in Germany
Carola

Judi said...

I just love felt and sequins and I have never seen napkin rings like these before. I like the skate! Actually I like them all!! Merry Christmas ~ Judi

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Your Peppy was a very crafty woman indeed. Now we know where you got all your creativity from. Those napkin rings are so festive and adorable! And the felt covered matchbook boxes so cute. How I wish I had been saving match boxes all this time. Precious family treasures especially since they were handmade with love. Blessings :) Tammy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...