Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A frog plague, toy drops and crafty stuff....

EEK!

a plague of frogs!!!



oh wait, they're just origami frogs...WHEW!



Okay, so here is why I made those frogs....

I work with 9 teachers and wanted to do something for them all....plus the administration office....plus extras. That can get EXPENSIVE.

So, I came up with this idea for the teachers:
I made some little loaves of pumpkin bread and put it in a large cup with a frog and label.


They all cracked up when the realized the dollar bills (to buy their coffee with) were origami 'frogs.' They loved it even more when I showed them how to make the frog 'jump.'

I also made each teacher a jar of bath salts....a nice way to end a hectic day!



Now on to the crafty stuff.....
I made these clothespins to hold my Christmas cards....



Here is my Christmas card garland...that is slowly growing....
I must move it to a new location next year.



And here are 2 Toy Society drops I did for Christmas this year!

I doubled the size of my 'meece' pattern and then stuffed it (without catnip!) and added a little Christmas scarf.

We dropped him off at a local emergency room late Saturday night after going to "A Time For Christmas."
(The musical was AWESOME! It was at City Church in New Orleans. Click here to see the teaser on facebook.)

Then Sunday, after church, we dropped this little hootie off at a restaurant in Mandeville.

I'm still crafting along.....

How about you? Are you gettin' your craft on?

8 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Oh, I love everything! Your creativity is amazing, Val! Hopefully my Christmas card will be added to that garland- if I can get my act together!!! Lori

Rhonda said...

Valerie what a thoughtful thing to do for the teachers.....being a retired teacher myself....it is always wonderful when someone gives a gift that eases ones spirit and lightens the heart. Well done!!!!

laterg8r said...

awesome frogs - if that plague hit my house i'd be very happy LOL :D

so nice of you to leave things for others during the holidays :D

CJ said...

OMG, Ms Val!!!
Your crafty-ness never ends!:)
I LOVE all your ideas ~ you go girl!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I need to have you next door to inspire me. I have been doing a little crocheting but nothing else crafty lately. Feeling like a slug. I have so many ideas, so many things I want to try, but just can't get started at the moment. I love the origami frog -- adorable! and the painted clothespins are so sweet, too. I could do that. So why don't I? Love all your ideas. Great toy drops too. Tomorrow -- I create! HA! Wishing you a day of blessings and the happiest of holidays :) Tammy

Kerry said...

I LOVE those frogs........what a great idea. Teachers gifts can always be a little difficult - especially when there are tons of them!!!
The clothes pins are so cute - love them.
Merry Christmas:-)

jillytacy said...

Wow, what a great idea! You're so creative! Now that you're at school how are you finding time for crafting? Heading back to school really decreased my crafting but I'm on vacation starting tomorrow....wahooo!!! I see a bit of crafting in my future!

Jenny said...

No crafting, just cleaning and cooking tonight! On hour on the kitchen floor scrubbing!! Ugh! But Kyle did say, "Hey Mom, this is a Dirty Job, we can get Mike Rowe to come do it!" So how can you not laugh at a comment like that?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...