Monday, December 7, 2009

Vintage Christmas Things!

I have SO many vintage things to share....and not enough Mondays!
So,
I had to come back and add to this post!

Here is a precious foil angel from Germany.
My parents gave her to me on my 9th birthday....so she is 40 years old! I ADORE her. She only has 1 minor tear on her dress, otherwise, she is in perfect condition still.


a bowlful of vintage glass ornaments topped with a vintage glass bird...

a few of the vintage ornaments on my tree. I love this one...it is much pinker in person!

and this rainbow one is my favorite......here is the outside:

and here is the inside:


a stag in snow...

and several sweet striped ones...
sorry for the blurry photos!







Now....on to the 'elves':

Years ago, naughty ornaments were 'en vogue'....check this little guy out!

I won't say it...but I AM thinking it! heehee




AHEM.....moving on.......
Years ago, we had some really cute elves on our tree. We also had some skiing gnomes on pine cones....SO CUTE.

I can't find the gnomes yet....but found some similar on eBay...like this one.

But I did find some little elves....they are so cute!







and here is the biggest elf of all!!!

The radio is busted but Santa still swings a mean hammer!

It hasn't stopped moving yet.....cause Santa's got work to do!!!

To see more sites participating in this series, click on HO HO HO!!!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jane said...

The elves on your tree are really cute...so very vintage.
Jane

Doris Sturm said...

That little cherub guy on the star is adorable...in Europe they are all nude...it's just what you are used to seeing...but I know what you mean about the holly leaf and the two berries (he, he, he)

I love those little elf fellas hanging on your tree. I remember when my daughter was young, I used a lot of animated things on the tree to give her young eyes little things to discover, now I'm boring and only use bulbs and icicles ;-)

Have a magically wonderful Christmas!

Julie Marie said...

Your elves are adorable, and Santa is just precious working on the toys! Bisous... Julie Marie

Rebecca said...

Hello
Love your glass ornaments on your tree...my tree is sitting with lights but no ornaments yet! Will have to get to it this week, too much going on at the shop.
Beautiful post
Blessings
Rebecca

laterg8r said...

what great ornaments :D

Simple Home said...

The glass ornaments are so pretty, and I love your little foil birthday ornament. I'm thinking we were born the same year ;-) I remember elves like that too. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Marcia

Diane and Kelly said...

What treasures for your tree! My favorites are those little elves.

Thanks for sharing.

Kelly
Second Hand Chicks

★Carol★ said...

You have a really wonderful collection of ornaments and elves! And I can't believe that foil angel has survived so long. It looks so pretty and delicate!
Happy VCM!
Carol

My Grama's Soul said...

You know, I don't have one elf in my collection - but I certainly like yours.

Cheers,

Jo

anythinggoeshere said...

I loved my visit today with all your great Christmas treasures. I think the elves have the cutest faces. xo Joan, your hostess

Dawn said...

Very pretty ornaments. I think we had the little elves too, they seem so familiar.
Hugs,
Dawn

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

What an awesome collection you have...thanks soooo much for sharing it! HOPE YOU HAVE A fun WEEK!

BLESSINGS,
LINDA

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

Ha ha, naughty ornaments. Hilarious.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Great stuff! Love the green ornament with silver glittered house and winter scene. Hard to believe you've kept a foil angel for 40 years. Have a great day! :) Tammy

Gypsy Fish said...

I love your little snow baby peeking out from behind the glass ball...he looks so innocent.

Happy VBM!
Beth

Rebecca said...

Makes me want to go up to the attic and open yet some more boxes! I know I have some ceramic elves up there somewhere! Lovely vintage, my new friend.

V I N T A G E O L O G I E said...

Oh look at those little elffies!! I'm addicted ... so cute, love them! I'm finding out though, that they really don't work hard at all ... kinda just hang out on the tree ALL the time ; )

xo
Jill

gin said...

those vintage glass balls are lovely, i think almost everybody has some and loves them. Your elves are too cute.

Unknown said...

Such wonderful Holiday Spirit.. Thank you for sharing all your lovely vintage ornies with us. I really enjoyed looking at them ;)
M

Very Mary said...

OH MY GOSH. I so have the perfect thing for you. So. Perfect. (But not gnomes, so don't get too excited.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...