Saturday, December 12, 2009

Cookin' and craftin'

Whew! I'm ALIVE!

Between home, errands, work and holiday events, this week was nuts.

Curly Girl had a chorus concert Thursday night..it was COLD!


Then Friday she had a chorus field trip, along with a trip to the local mall...

AND her birthday the same night!

As soon as they walked in, they put on their slumber party socks I got them...



There is a LONG story behind this cake. To keep it short, the girls thought I'd ordered a "Dr. Seuss" cake so I just went along with it and pretended it was SUPPOSED to be tilted.

HAH!


This was the first year I couldn't get them to 'sit still' long enough to take photos so I'll just share what we did!

They all put their names on their aprons so I can't show them to you. But the aprons turned out SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!
It was soooo worth the effort of me making them.

We also made snow globes, bath salts, a Christmas ornament and Christmas bookmarks. I can't show the bath salts because of names...but here are the others....

a close up of the ornament....



thanks for the snowglobe idea, Lori!

They "cooked and crafted" until midnight then went up and sang their lungs out until 4:30 AM!
A few fell asleep around 2 (that was me, folks...)


Then Dean made chocolate chip waffles for breakfast before the girls went home.....


Curly Girl is 12 now so she got to sit in the FRONT SEAT this morning when we took one of her friends home...

Notice, she is proudly showing off the iTouch she got for her birthday.

so now I get to relax.... awhile....Ripstick Boy has a basketball game but it isn't until later tonight.

9 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Such a fun party, Val! Happy Birthday Curly Girl!:) Glad the ornaments turned out and that you used all the same trees- no fighting- yippee!:) Lori

Doris Sturm said...

Awww, how I wish my daughter was still 12...you have such a sweet and pretty daughter. Enjoy her as much as you can before she flies the coop. Those birds nests are cute. I can't figure out what you used for the actual nest part. It's ok if you don't want to give away your trade secret...sounds like you all had a fun time. That sure was a brightly colored cake...

Happy Birthday Curly Girl - stay sweet and be good to your mom - no matter how old you get ;-)

Birgit said...

Happy Birthday to Curly Girl!!! :)

-- Birgit

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Sounds like lots of FUN was had by all! Brings back lots of great memories of the parties I had for my girls(now 22 and 19)...they were always "theme" parties and we did some type of craft project...my sisters always thought I was crazy...maybe so but the girls loved it! Hope you have a WONDERFUL Sunday!

Blessings,
Linda

Jenny said...

Ohhh! I hope you took a nap today!!!

laterg8r said...

what a great party, i'm sure she'll remember it always :D

Shawnee said...

Looks like a great time was had by ALL! Now, take a nap -- Happy Bday Curly Girl!

Java Venus said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Miss Curly Girl! My son turned twelve on the twelfth! YAAAAAY! I wonder if you can guess what gift he got, too? Yep! That's right! an iTouch! You kids and your electronics! It's fun! I hope you had a superbly special day! It looks like you had a way cool day!

Solidia said...

Happy Birthday CG! Looks like a really fun party!! Love the Christmas sock idea. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...