Saturday, October 25, 2008

Mommy and Me Apron Swap!

Shawnee hosted this fun apron swap! We were to make a matching apron for a mother and child and include a vintage child's cookbook. I had a lot of fun putting this one together. After finding the fabric, I went with a mittens and angels theme.

I made two matching, reversible clothespin aprons. Ripstick Boy picked out the terrific cookbook....what a find. I never thought I'd find anything as cute as this cookbook locally.

After all, there is NO Half-Price Books in little Old Slidell......hint, hint.

reverse:

I looked EVERYWHERE for some mitten or angel buttons but no store had any.......so I opted for this little mitten charm instead.

I also couldn't find a mitten cookie cutter so instead, I sent angel and gingerbread man shapes.

I also made some cupcake toppers...angels and mittens of course!

Now on to what WE GOT!

Angelic sent us the best stuff ever! She ALSO made us reversible clothes pin aprons........great minds think alike!

I am showing one side off and Curly Girl the other.....PERFECTION!

I don't know HOW she knows we are major hot cocoa drinkers......
In the box was cocoa, some fixins like marshmallows, cinnamon sugar, cracked peppermints, personalized mugs and those cute measuring spoons that say 'dash' tad', etc. She made me a little cookbook of their favorite recipes....can't wait to try them.

We put it all to use IMMEDIATELY:

see the cinnamon sugar on top? YUM

Thank you Angelic!!!

8 comments:

Beth said...

All of the aprons are so adorable! Love the mugs.

mysteryhistorymom said...

It's like an early Christmas! Love the aprons and all the goodies! You and Curly Girl look so cute together, ready to make some cookies!:)

I think I have an angel button or two. You know me!:) The next time you need any kind of buttons just let me know and if I have them I will pop them in the mail... Lori

Shawnee said...

TOO sweet. I love that you guys made the same styles. So happy you participated and had a wonderful swap experience!!

Rhonda said...

Cute aprons. Did you say coco? That brings back memories of grandma.

angeliclenore said...

YEAH!!!! Your pictures are so great!!! I am so happy you love them! I know we are VERY pleased here!

Cyndi Barker said...

Looking cute and sippin' cocoa with your daughter at the same time... Doesn't get any better than that! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a great swap!
Missy

Kellie said...

What a haul! Love everything! And now I'm craving hot cocoa...I'll be making a cup now before I hit the sack thankyouverymuch! ;)

...and it looks like it will be the day of the deadline before my swap package is ready to go. I will email you as soon as I mail it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...