Sunday, October 26, 2008

1ST Annual pumpkin carving contest!



Now that the kids are old enough not to cut their arms and legs off, we decided to start having an annual pumpkin carving contest for the family.
My sister and her family did this for years and it got ultra competitive with people hiding in corners and covering their pumpkin with towels only to REVEAL their masterpieces all at once.

I am sure ours will get that way....but for this first time out, it was more of a gathering event...and a whole lot of fun!

Here we are working over our poor pumpkins....pulling all their little guts out! We had a nice bowl of seeds saved but they got dirty so we ditched them.



And here are our masterpieces!

mine.........Little Winky





Curly Girl's....Casper!




Ripstick Boy's.....Jackula




Dean's.....Cap'n Barbosa


BOO!

10 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Val- This is so fun to see! You all did an amazing job! Each one is wonderful and so unique.:) Lori

Beth said...

I love this. I think we'll have to wait a few years before we start this tradition but as soon as the girls are old enough I'm going to insist we do this.

My vote is for - Jackula!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

gin said...

Seems like a lot of fun! I must vote for Capn Barbosa though. He is kinda of scary.

Jennifer said...

So fun! I'm with ya...I've got to wait until my kids won't hurt themselves. In the meantime, we do one family pumpkin and the kids decide what we carve. We are doing ours tonight and it will be a spider. The last few years we have also painted pumpkins (much safer for younger ones) but I still have not done it with them yet. I'm running out of time.....

CathyJean said...

Neat pictures, Val! Looks like you all had fun. Thanks for sharing.

jillytacy said...

Great jack-o-lanterns! It looks like you had lots of fun!

Kellie said...

Y'all have the most fun! That does it...I'm coming over for a visit! :)

Tammy "SweetT" said...

Love the pumpkins. Ya'll did a great job!

frankenpug said...

This is great! You all did such a wonderful job! I need to start doing something like this with the kids:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...