Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tie One On and Apronista challenges.....


Here is the apron I made for the June Apronista challenge of 'applique' AND the Summer Tie One On theme of 'gingham.'

I have always loved owls and thought it would be fun to make myself an apron with owls featured. I'd never done applique and I actually did it completely W. R .O. N. G. I just used my zigzag stitch but then found out I was supposed to use satin stitch or an applique foot.
But "whooooooo cares?" Not me.......I still like how they turned out.
I think I'll try to find an applique foot for my sewing machine and do it right next time!
This could be my latest obsession........

Here are a couple closeups of the owls:

11 comments:

sarahross said...

I LOVE the zigzag stitching it gives it even more character!

Zoë said...

Who cares if it is wrong, it looks cute!!! I love the owl, did you make that up yourself? Very nice

Cathy... said...

I absolutely love that apron!!!! Great colors together and the owl pockets came out great. Super job!!!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Sweet appliqued owl. I don't think there are any applique police! Greena nd purple look great together.

jillytacy said...

Very cute!!!! Nature Girl loves owls! Are the owls pockets? I'm participating in the Russian doll swap. I'm doing an apron with matryoshkas appliquéd on but I left them open at the top so they can be pockets.

Adrienne said...

Those owls are adorable! Ha - wrong ... that's usually how I do everything ... half a*# backwards!

frankenpug said...

That is so stinkin' cute!! Great job!

Pikaboo said...

So cute! I love all the different fabrics.

Kellie said...

Shhh!! You're not supposed to tell us what you did wrong! Whoooooo would EVER know that you didn't mean for it to have zigzagy stitching? I love it...love it....love it! If the owls weren't cute enough, your color combos are perfect!

LittleRed said...

great colours and nice job! Nothing wrong with that!

Melissa said...

I think it looks great! I love the purple owls on the green. So cute :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...