Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Monkeying around......


Here is an apron I made for my niece's birthday. She is a zoologist and works for the 'big' zoo in Omaha Nebraska. Although she isn't working with primates right now, they are her favorite animals to work with. When I saw this 'Curious George Goes To The Zoo' fabric, I knew I had to make her something with it!
I included a potholder from the same material, some notepads and a clever monkey vegetable peeler from "the store I hate but have to shop there because this city has no decent stores."

Here is the reverse side. After making it, I decided I SHOULD have made her a craft apron so she could have worn it to work.....oh well, maybe next time!

10 comments:

Tracey said...

You must tell me where you found that material. My mom volunteers at the zoo in Tulsa and I would love to make her something she could wear to the zoo! Thanks! That is one of the cutest aprons you have made yet!

Solidia said...

Val, this is a really nice apron. Where did you get that Curious George fabric? How cute!

Zoƫ said...

Oh I hope she wears it to work anyway;) It is way cute.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE that fabric...George is a childhood fave of mine!! I also must know where you found that material!!

Very cute idea:)

Anonymous said...

I got the fabric from Jo Ann's a couple years ago...but I did see it on eBay last month.

Jennifer said...

that's super cute.

Why do you hate Target?

Cathy... said...

That whole package is so clever!!! I'm sure it will be a big hit with your niece. Really cute apron.

jillytacy said...

The fabric is great and the apron is cute. I'm sure she'll love it! We love Curious George here! He's classic and with the movie & the PBS show he's popular again.

Anonymous said...

What a great present. I'm sure she will be so happy with it. Love all the matching things.
We have a fantastic "Open Plains" Zoo here where I live. We just don't get to visit it enough. Very expensive. Something to do when visitors come to town.

Kellie said...

SO cute! I love that fabric. And that store you hate...I'd kill to get one here...we have WalMart and KMart and a very crappy mall. Very. Crappy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...