Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Little acorn box


I found this cute acorn pattern awhile back but never got around to making it because I couldn't find the right yarn.
Decent yarn is REALLY hard to find here. There are NO yarn stores. Really makes it tough!
I finally just gave in and bought something from the local Hancock's. It is the yarn that Vanessa 'Wheel of Fortune" lady has out.
Not the right weight...not chunky either.....so it wasn't really as big as it was supposed to be. It still turned out cute and I love the colors.

If you would like to make your own, go visit Roman Sock. Her amigurumi ROCKS and many patterns, like this one, are FREE!

Since it wasn't as big as needed to store crocheting supplies in, I decided to make it into a little house for this cutie!

.......doesn't he look happy in his little home?



BTW, I purchased the squirrel pattern so I can't give it away.
But you can get the pattern yourself from June over at Planet June....it comes with 2 other forest critters....all just precious!

10 comments:

frankenpug said...

Super cute! I need to learn how to do this!

Unknown said...

That is just adorable.. what a cute little basket to put your little creature in :)
M

Jen Sue Wild said...

This is the cutest little thing I have ever seen..

CathyJean said...

so, so cute, Val! Wish I could knit.

Leah of RamFam said...

Precious! And thanks for the referral to Roman Sock. She's got great stuff!
-Leah

June (planetjune) said...

Very cute! I bet the squirrel couldn't believe his luck to find an acorn that big ;)

susan said...

how cute, and just right for your little friend

jillytacy said...

Now that is the cutest thing ever!!!! I love the little squirrel, squirreled away in his nut! You make the cutest amigurumi things!

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

That is way cute! It's a perfect home for your little squirrel critter! Tuck some candy corns in with him... I bet he'd be even happier!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I WANT this. I absolutely love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...