Friday, September 19, 2008

The Big Apple...

I was in Shawnee's 2nd Flirty Apron Swap. This time around, we had to make an apron to represent out partner's dream vacation.

My partner would like to go to New York for shopping!

I found this cute fabric that I felt represented shopping and made her a craft apron. She lives with her folks and is an avid crafter....but she didn't mention cooking at all! :-)


You can't see the little pockets but there are several of them that run across the front of the apron. I did a decent job of matching the fabric up to 'hide' the pockets.

I included the required things.....like the apple and a few recipes. I added a tote bag, bookmark and a crocheted apple cozy because she travels a lot for her job. I'm sending her a pattern of the one I used to make her apron. She is from Australia and I don't know if they get the same patterns over there.



I hope she likes it!

6 comments:

Zoƫ said...

That is GREAT! You did a nice job making the pockets blend. I can not see them at all.

Jen Sue Wild said...

I love love this apron !! It is so super fun!!How thoughtfull ofyou to send the patteren.

mysteryhistorymom said...

Thank you so much for all your sweet comments! I am so glad that I found your blog, too! You are so creative and make the most amazing things! LOVE your aprons! Our girls will have such fun being swap partners... I will answer your questions (Mandy will) later tonight and would love to get the same answers back from your daughter, if you get a chance. Have a great day!~ Lori

Kellie said...

Such a sweet apron! I'm sure she'll be thrilled to get this package. An apple cozy--brilliant!

grammatrish said...

really cool apron! craft aprons are my favorite. you did an excellent job matching the fabric. I didn't see the pockets either.

Unknown said...

what a great package! Melinda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...