Saturday, January 26, 2013

winter

Even here in Louisiana, winter's gray creeps in.   Our yard transforms from a lush landscape to something....not.  

But there is still a little interest here and there, you just have to look...

like this "fox" face on our fence




Or the 2 deer that patiently await spring




or the alyssum and oxalis, which don't mind the cold at all




This wreath keeps the traveling visitors in our backyard happy.  I enjoy watching them grace our yard with their beauty.  Our yard is small so they can see movement through the windows and fly off before I can snap a photo.    Because of this, I usually just sit quietly and watch them...it is something I never tire of.





"Welcome, winter.  Your late dawns and chilled breath make me lazy, but I love you nonetheless." ~Terri Guillemets

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...