Monday, January 14, 2013

Twinkle, twinkle...

I have loved fairy lights for as long as I can remember.   My obsession with them went into overdrive many, many years ago when I watched "Mr. Wonderful."  (has anyone else out there seen it?)

Anyway, the scene in the movie where Matt Dillon transforms Anabella Sciorra's entryway with all the fairy lights sent me into a frenzy....and I've never looked back! 

Over the years, I've had fairy lights everywhere in the house.  Lights on my hanging pot rack, on birdcages and in bowls of grapevine balls, on faux trees, behind the aquarium....but especially around my front door.

Last year, I started using netting or tulle but only did a couple months....this year I'm going to try and change it out like other people change out their wreaths....we will see if I stick with it.

This month in keeping with wanting something soft, I used white tulle around the door.....soft and light to brighten up the door during the gray days of January.  Don't let the ferns fool you, all the grass is dead, these ferns are just indestructible!




 edited 1/24/13 ....with a new pretty wreath I bought 80% off




pretty and perfect......

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Very pretty. I have a friend who always uses fairy lights inside. It's like having the glow of a candle all the time. Warm and inviting. Your door looks very nice. I've wanted to do a wreath that I change out every month, but haven't gotten myself organized yet. Have a great rest of the day. Time for me to hit the hay. Goodnite! Tammy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...