Wednesday, January 23, 2013

pinteresting...

A year ago, I started getting emails telling me that I was on pinterest.  I didn't even know what pinterest was so I said "thanks for letting me know."    I then went straight out and googled myself to see what people were pinning.

The two most often pinned were these:

 canape' knife tutorial




 Itty Bitty Kitty crochet pattern




Okay, so I was flattered but told my husband that I would NEVER join pinterest because it looked like a time sucker and I am just WAY too busy to waste my time playing on it. 
 (like the time I am wasting right now, blogging about a time wasting web site....oh, the irony!)

Then Dean gave me a tablet for Christmas and we went out of town.  
And I took the tablet.  
And I got bored.
And I joined pinterest "for something to do."

Who is it that said "never say never?"

I can tell you right now that it is much better than the old scrapbook of ideas I made and have carted around for years.  Those binders are soon to hit the waste bin...well, at least the papers inside the binders!

I'm glad that I don't have to "bookmark this page" constantly on my computer or print patterns out that I like (but will probably never make....)   It makes all that unnecessary.   
It is convenient to have a source that is truly chock full of good ideas.....on design, style, recipes, crafts....just about everything you can think of.   

In fact, people who are building a house would be CRAZY not to check it out...the house ideas alone are worth it.  And you don't need to buy another cookbook....ever.  There are enough recipes to last a lifetime.  Seriously.

Hmmm...in fact, I pinned this the other day thinking it would fit perfectly where my collection of cookbooks are...if I got rid of them...


just saying...

6 comments:

Kadee Willow said...

I completely understand your feelings about pinterest. It's on my list of things to do this year to move forward on blogging and organizing as I have yet to join. And like you, I found I had photos pinned to people's boards and didn't know it. So might as well join the party, right? I am so glad to have found you through the blogging party! I am your newest follower and I hope, when you get a chance, that you will come visit my blog... would love to have you!!!

Kerry said...

Yay ..... welcome to the club :-)
I love it .....
What I have started doing though, to avoid my boards getting all clogged up (especially my recipe board), once I've tried something, if I like it, it stays, if I don't or it's something we don't care for, I go straight back in and delete it from the board.
Happy Pinning :-)
Lots of love

Tammy said...

I like seeing the gallery of things folks have pinned but I will never join just as I will never do Facebook. Just not enough time in the day as it is. We have a three-day weekend, my husband is in Bangkok and Singapore and I'm cleaning. Just doesn't seem fair now does it? :/ Have a great day. Tammy

Bears with a HEART said...

The coffee corner you show here looks nice.

kind regards from YokkoBears

Jenny said...

Awesome time sucker isn't it?? LOL!

Zoë said...

It is the BEST thing to come along in a LONG time! I LOVE IT.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...