Saturday, January 10, 2009

Toy Society drop


I've been wanting to join the Toy Society for about a year now. I just never took the time. I decided that would change this year! My goal is to drop 1 toy per month this year....help spread the joy!

Curly Girl and I did the deed together at a local park. We tried to look nonchalant as we 'staged' the drop.
She was so cute.....and worried about kitty finding a good home.

She put the little kitty on a bench and then we dashed off. It is funny, making a toy and then abandoning it! I actually felt a bit guilty driving away!

After her art class, we drove back over.....it was already gone :-)

BTW, If you are interested in joining the toy society and spreading some joy of your own, just click on the logo for the Toy Society or on their name in my sidebar :-)

10 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

I have never heard of this, Val, but what a great idea! WE'll have to join, too! Do you attach a note so people know it's not a lost toy? Lori

manda said...

Oh well done!! I'd just be tickled pink to have found this little kitty cat! Can't wait to see what else you have in store...

Kellie said...

Cute kitty! Perfect for the first drop! I love that Curlygirl is so excited about this! Tomorrow is my day to drop. Just haven't decided where yet!

Beth said...

I have been thinking about doing this. But - I'm still only thinking. Fabulous job, Beth

Elaine said...

Great idea and a nice sharing lesson for your daughter.

Very Mary said...

That is so unbelievably genius! I am seriously joining up!

jillytacy said...

This is a fabulous idea! I hope to try this over February vacation! Thanks for sharing the link and providing the inspiration! Curly Girl looks so cute being sneaky as she drops off the toy. I hope we get to hear who is the lucky owner of Kitty! How fun!!!

Jen Sue Wild said...

What a great idea Val. i never have heard of this.
My kids would love to do this!!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

What an adorable kitty! I like the idea of doing one drop a month. I think my kid would rather do one a week. I like to make the toys, but it does worry me to just leave them behind and not knowing if they are found safely. It's funny that way isn't it?

Faluche said...

This kitty is just adorable !!! Well dropped & well done !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...