Thursday, January 1, 2009

Crocheted buttonhole scarf

Happy New Year everyone!

I forgot to post this.....it is a scarf I made for my brother in law for Christmas. His neck is always cold in the winter. In order to keep him from confiscating the one I made for Page, I had to make him one too!
I made his a little different and incorporated a 'buttonhole' so he could slip the scarf through if he wanted to.

Dean was sweet enough to model it for me.

And for all my crocheting friends out there. I didn't use a pattern but the body is worked in double half crochet stitches.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! I inherited a bunch of yarn from my grandmother. I can't wait to learn to knit and crochet so I can make cool stuff like this scarf!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year and best wishes for a wonderful 2009!

The scarf looks great!

gin said...

Without a pattern? Very nice. Wishing you and yours a great 2009!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...