Sunday, January 4, 2009

Continuing the tradition....


One of our Christmas traditions is to look for a new Christmas book each year to add to our collection.
We then pull them out and put them next to the tree in a big tub and read through them during the month of December.
I didn't buy us a book this year but Santa brought us "The Cajun Night Before Christmas." I guess he thought since we are staying put for awhile, we needed to add it to our collection.
The other book added to our collection is by Joan Walsh Anglund. It was given to my my sister by a childhood friend. Since she didn't have children, she wanted us to have it.
It really took my back and made me smile with its simplicity. I've always LOVED Joan Walsh Anglund's books.

5 comments:

manda said...

I've never heard of Joan Walsh Anglund, but the little book looks wonderful! How nice of your sister to let you have it.

jillytacy said...

What a great tradition! I started to do this with Nature Girl too. I was surprised by how many Christmas books we had. Being a teacher helped with that!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Joan Walsh Anglund is one of my favorites, too! Such memories! I'll have to see if I can find the pictures that she drew of my sister and me... Lori

Unknown said...

I love traditions and BOOKS! That book looks so fun....Melinda

Rhonda said...

I love all those Christmas books. I have the Night Before Christmas Texas style.
Take care.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...