Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Big Day (uh, night actually...)


We are such Mother's Day rebels.

Dean and the kids gave me my Mother's Day gifts yesterday. Dean couldn't stand it. He just had to see my reaction when I opened my goodies. Wouldn't even give me time to put on makeup...except for lipstick...thank goodness for THAT.
He promised no photos but whipped out the camera from a hiding place and started snapping away...sorry folks!

I was thrilled to get the lamp for my piano. I've never needed one before but in this house we have a built in nook that the piano fits into which is GREAT accoustically....but gets a bit dark in the evenings.

Imagine my joy 'o' joys when I read the box as I opened this next gift....


Oh yeah.........I KNEW it! What could a rectangular box possibly hold for an apron obsessed seamstress? A dress form! And its just my size........8-)


We always go out to dinner Saturday night for Mother's Day. It is just too crazy on Sunday.
I hate crowds and the thought of being in one just to EAT LUNCH doesn't appeal to me at all.

So we all tromped off to a movie of my choice....IRONMAN....and it ROCKS!!!
Afterwards, we went out to dinner....my choice again!
OH! And since it was 'my night' they let me dash in to Hobby Lobby for a minute to pick up a coordinating fabric for an apron I am making.........now THAT is power..........

Ah, Mother's Day........I'll miss you until next year!

8 comments:

Tracey said...

Yay!! We both have dress forms now. I am so excited to have a friend and Greta has a friend now. Have you thought of a name yet?

Adrienne said...

oooo...I want a dress form but I'm afraid of the commitment. What if I don't use it?! I'd love to know how yours works out for you. What a wonderful MD you had!

Marla said...

Congrats! You lucky girly! I hinted unsuccessfully that I wanted a dress form for mother's day. I guess I'll have to be more direct :)

Kellie said...

Such a nice Mother's Day you had! How sweet of them to let you run into Hobby Lobby! :)

And you are sooo right, Ironman rocks! I didn't think I"d like it, but I was hooked from the beginning...and didn't want it to end!

sarahross said...

How fun! What a wonderful family to shower you with such thoughtful gifts and outings!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

I love the expression on your face. What a wonderful surprise!

Smiles,
Lea

dressmaker in training said...

Congratulations! Your family gave you the perfrect gift.

Tonya said...

YAY! What fun you had!
Congrats on the new "member of the family". =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...