Tuesday, May 13, 2008

National Wear Your Apron Day!



Yesterday was National Apron Day and I participated. I was surprised that I didn't see at least ONE other person wearing an apron (that wasn't BEHIND a counter!)

At any rate, I got some weird looks, a few giggles, and more than a couple 'did you know you have your apron on?' questions with raised eyebrows!
I was cracking up. I mean, if I'd been in New Orleans people would be wondering why I had CLOTHES on under my apron!

Here are a few more pictures.....I took several in the morning while working out and running errands and more after getting ready for the day.....!This was at Kenny's seafood market. I wasn't even going to ASK them to take the picture....afterall, they were young guys with fish guts on their hands. But the funny thing is....THEY wanted to know all about it and were saying how much fun it was to do something as a group nationwide.


In the post office...some poor lady took this while balancing her checkbook and baby.......she too thought it was a neat idea.

The only place I got a sigh and an 'okay' was at the library.......too bad for her...that lady didn't know the fun she was missing out on!

6 comments:

dressmaker in training said...

Your cupcake apron is adorable:)

Anonymous said...

You look so cute all over town in your apron!

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Debye said...

How fun! I wore mine to the post office and the store and I never got a second glance (that I noticed) but then again....I didn't have the cute cupcake!!

Abigail said...

You are too Fabulous for words!!

Anonymous said...

Now thanks for returning the favour of making me laugh. I love love love that you MADE people take photos of you while out and about. You go GIRL !!!!
I glad you participated outdoors.
xx

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

How fantastic! What a fun day you had - I love that you captured it on film.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...