Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving walk about....




Each year after Halloween, I keep a few decorations out to decorate a little for Thanksgiving. Last year, I overheard some ladies talking about how they hate that no one really decorates for Thanksgiving. I realized I didn't either and decided to do a little more this year.



I always put out Mr. Turkey...this year I used a teeny pumpkin though and he looks totally underfed!




Mr. Scarecrow keeping the birds at bay...

scarecrows replaced those cute Halloween ghost pops...

Some cute decorations and platter Kaela made years ago decorate a shelf in the entryway...


On this table, I put our Halloween scarecrow out but striped all the spiders off of him....new he is dressed for Thanksgiving.
Matt made me the little platter years ago (same time as Kaela did) and we use it for Thanksgiving dinner.
The sweet white pumpkin was a swap goodie from
Lori.

On Thanksgiving day, the leaves will be covered with desserts...yum!


For this month's YOE, we had to create something for our holiday table.

See the teeny acorn in front of the pumpkins?
Those are what I made for the challenge. I
stumbled across THIS post and knew they would be perfect for the table.

Cute, huh!?




Here is a better view of the basket and acorns...


In the family room, I hung the rag swag I made for the YOE challenge for October. It looks great on the mantel, especially at night....



a close up of the pumpkins in the vase...

Next year, I plan to add a few more decorations...

8 comments:

jillytacy said...

Looks like you're ready for Thanksgiving. Nature Girl is already asking to put up the Christmas decorations!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Your house looks all warm and cozy. I don't think I have ever decorated for Thanksgiving. I think I'm a decorating slacker lol.

Rhonda said...

Your decorations look
Thanksgiving-y for sure. Love the acorns!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi val
I enjoyed seeing your pretty Thanksgiving decorations. The rag swag and little acorn you made are lovely. Have a wonderful day on Thursday.
Lindsay
x

Elaine said...

I like to decorate for Thanksgiving.
It's my favorite holiday so why not?

Have a wonderful holiday.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

The acorns are adorable! All your decorations are so pretty. The swag is gorgeous.
Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving.

Birgit said...

Oh, your Thanksgiving decorations are great, Val!

Happy Thanksgiving to you -- I am definitely grateful to have a friend like you in my life. :)

Hugs,
Birgit

Unknown said...

I just decorate for fall...then I have things out for Halloween and Thanksgiving....I love your little berries...so cute

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...