Saturday, November 6, 2010

Poe revisited and a goodie for me

Laura was in my Poe altered art swap but didn't receive a package because it got lost in the mail.
We kept waiting for it to show up but it never did so I made up a package for her myself. The story she picked was The Black Cat...a really creepy tale!


Here is the outside of the box

and the inside...see Pluto's missing eye in the corner? Grisly!

I also made her a few things that relate to the story....a black cat book thong, a recipe that was popular with E.A. Poe, an eyeball ornament, a Black Cat chocolate bar, and some bath salts that surely would have helped de-stress the situation better than booze...
I made her a little Pluto, along with a noose! If you want to make your own black cat, I got the pattern from Gin's blog.

and look what I got in the mail!

Melinda knows I have a Halloween tree and made me this awesome tag ornament for it. Sorry for the glare but you can still tell how gorgeous it is!

Thank you Melinda!

5 comments:

NadineC said...

Oh my! That's a really creepy, scary and AWESOME Poe package you created! Glad I didn't see this before going to bed...I would have had nightmares of missing cats' eyes! :-) What a great job you did, Val!

Little Messy Missy said...

Love the Poe package..hope she asked for confirmation. Melinda was in my Witch ATC swap and sent me one...love it!!!!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

It seems like more things are getting lost in the mail lately.

That is a spooky package you sent but perfect for Poe.

gin said...

I like the cat story from POE to. You did great. And the stuffed cat came out great

Unknown said...

your welcome and I love the poe box!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...