Friday, October 15, 2010

Frankie, a blankie and a Toy Drop too...

Meet Frankie, I made him for my Halloween tree

the secret to his head? one of those caps from a soda bottle! I just stuffed it up inside and his head has that big forehead...hard to see in this photo though.

Here is my teeny Halloween tree, if you click on the photo, you can see it better.



I have a coworker expecting in December so I made her this blanket. I think she'll like it...especially since she picked out the yarn!


I made a gnome for this month's toy drop but Kaela refused to part with him.
Apparently, I'm supposed to make an entire group of gnomes for our mantel this Christmas! Anyone know what a group of gnomes is called?

Anyway, we dropped this little mushroom instead.


we crept into the local library and dropped it in the fairytale section before getting caught...



there were plenty of kids there so I'm sure it found a good home.

8 comments:

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

From what I can find a group of Gnomes is called a Donsy. I came across a few references on other blogs and then found this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Donsy-Gnomes-Gentle-Gnome-Stories/dp/1616232439

Personally, I think a Gaggle of Gnomes sounds better lol.

Frankie looks great. Now that you have told us his secret I can see the bottle cap. Great idea!

gin said...

love the halloween tree with the witch hat topper.

annemarie said...

Love your halloween tree - did you spray paint a real branch black?? I have always thought of doing this. Yours is so cute - and that baby blanket is precious. Nothing beats a homemade baby gift - lots of crochet love in that!!

Lindsay-ann said...

HI Val
I LOVE your halloween tree. Frankie is adorable. I like the mushroom too that you dropped. I don't know what a group of gnomes is called but maybe it could be a 'gaggle of gnomes' or a 'huddle of gnomes'! Oh I just noticed Robin suggested a 'gaggle of gnomes' too! Great minds think alike! Love the pretty baby blanket too. You have been very busy and are putting me to shame.
Have a great weekend.
Lindsay
x

Jenny said...

Fun I wanna see the gnome who would not leave!!

Unknown said...

the tree is so wonderful! Just put it in a box and ship it to me ok? Call it a toy drop if you must.

jillytacy said...

I love your little Frankie and have always been a fan of your crocheted eyeballs.
By the way I think a group of gnomes must be called a gaggle. Doesn't a gaggle of gnomes sound right? Or maybe a brood of gnomes?

momma rae said...

i do believe it is *donsy*. quite a name, eh? can't blame her for wanting a whole donsy of the cuties! your frankie is ADORABLE!! i mean....frightfully cute! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...