Thursday, February 5, 2009

I love me some cupcakes....

I made this apron for Marcel....I had her as my secret partner in a swap.
Poor thing, I've had her 3 times IN A ROW.

I sent her this apron, she got it Tuesday so I can go ahead and show you.....the cupcake is appliqued onto a divided pocket.

I couldn't find ANY cupcake fabric locally so I decided on an applique. After making the apron part, I went back to the store to find coordinating fabric to make the cupcake with.
As luck would have it, I found some CUTE cupcake fabric.
But, I stuck with this anyway since it was almost finished. I really liked how it turned out. I do need to invest in an applique foot if I continue to make appliques.

The rest of the goodies are for the kitchen....with one being a recipe for horse muffins. It was my own horse's favorite treat. I haven't had my own horse for years but I still had THE RECIPE!

7 comments:

Solidia said...

Great job on the apron Val. Love the cupcake applique!! :)

gin said...

Cute apron again!!

Darlene said...

That is such a cute apron. Thanks for stopping by and entering my giveaway....good luck!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Val- Where does all your creativity come from??? You are amazing! Lori

Kellie said...

Val, you are the queen of all apron-makers. Seriously! That cupcake is sweet!

zakkalife said...

your cupcake apron looks adorable

Unknown said...

I am a bit late posting on this.. but Whoot Whoot!!! I received this very lovely apron and goodies. I am like most of you ladies... where does all of this lovely talent come from??? Val is always sending out such nice trades... I love each and everyone I have gotten from her!!!!! Thank you my sweet friend :)
M

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...