Saturday, February 7, 2009

Birds and berries........

Here is a cute apron I got from a swap called "Winter in the Kitchen."

My grandmother's favorite bird was the cardinal so I was thrilled when I saw that little bird on this apron. Peppy would love it!




I made these for Pay It Forward....both have been received.

First, a little birdie brooch. This is the first one I've made and I like how it turned out. I want to make some more and use french knots and make them a bit more decorative. I want to play with the shape a little too.



This is the second pincushion I've made. I think it turned out pretty well.

5 comments:

Shawnee said...

What a sweet apron and story. I really love those cardinals!

Looking forward to your new Hot Mama swap.

gin said...

So sweet you will think of your grandmother with this pretty apron. And thanks for the plug for my PIF.

annemarie said...

I love the cardinals also - how cute to use that fabric in an apron!

gin said...

A super duper thank you to you!! I got my 3 comments for PIF. How cool is that!!!!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic Apron... I love hearing of your Grandmothers love for Cardinals!
M

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...