Monday, November 21, 2011

crayon rolls....

I have been doing an enormous amount of crafting of late and one of the things I've made are these crayon rolls....but I can only show you one.


I found this tutorial at the pleated poppy and made 7 of these little rolls.



Even thought there is a lot of prep work, they whip up quickly.
I did have trouble sewing the elastic band down. My machine did NOT like it, so I hand stitched it down first. Once the elastic was hidden between the layers of fabric it was fine.



I saw another tutorial at Prudent Baby and she uses ribbon...I may try that for the girls and use buttons for the boys.

Have happy Monday!

6 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Those are very cute and could be used for all sorts of things ... crochet hooks, perhaps. :) Have a wonderful week of thanksgiving. Tammy

NadineC said...

I love these! I gave one to my daughter-in-law's niece awhile back and Nessa (the niece) barely looked at me, just grabbed it, and hid behind momma. But my DIL told me that as soon as the car door closed and they took off, Nessa started chattering about it and wouldn't stop for days. The crayons got broken fairly quickly but she just replaced them in the slots with her barrettes. Apparently, she's STILL talking about it. The one you show in the picture is VERY cute!

I also have trouble with the elastic bands, although I LOVE using them! I sew them to a piece of lightweight paper first and that makes them easier to manage!

LittleRed said...

Very Cute1 What a nice job you have done with it:)

Lindsay-ann said...

Your crayon rolls are such a great idea. Love the fabric and cute button fastener.
Lindsay
x

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

So stinkin' cute!! I LOVE that fabric. I've always wanted to make one of those rolls, but am too lazy to do all the prep work. ;)

jillytacy said...

I like the button. I've seen the ribbon one but I think the elastic works better, especially since many younger children can't tie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...