Monday, June 13, 2011

Mosaic Monday

I made this mosaic out of a broken fountain piece I found at a cement yard in Fort Worth. I loved the shape of it and best of all, they let me have it cheap.

I did the inside because when I first made it, I used it in the garden with water in it for the dogs.
It looked so lovely hidden among the wax myrtles. Just a secret watering hole.

We don't really have a place for it in this yard so I am using it as a planter.
I have some baby lettuce growing in it.


Once the lettuce is harvested, I'll plant some pretty flowers in it.....

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

You are really good with the mosaic art.... love the planter. And the lettuce looks like it's coming along.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Very pretty as a watering bowl or planter. :)

I love Ed Harris. How fun for Matt to be an extra in the movie.

I keep thinking I hear Sweet Kitty at the door but then I remember she is no longer here. Thanks for your encouraging comments. Best wishes, Tammy

Lindsay-ann said...

It's gorgeous Val. Such pretty shades of green. Love your mosaic work.
Lindsay
x

jillytacy said...

Wow! It's beautiful! I love the colors and it makes a beautiful planter.

Solidia said...

Love this!! What a pretty way to grow a table top garden.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...