Wednesday, June 22, 2011

bugs n stuff...

This month's YOE theme is ladybugs. Oh my goodness, I had such difficulty! I don't know why but everything I thought of failed......except for these 2:





This week, I'm too busy to do ironcraft so I'll show what I made for last week's challenge...we had to make something crafty for the dad's out there. The thought of making something "crafty" for Dean was laughable....except where food is concerned. I made a set of 6 spice rubs for him for when he smokes or grills outside....which he does almost every weekend in the summer.

I also surprised him with a strawberry-rhubarb crisp...he loved it! I found the recipe HERE.
I had a bit more rhubarb than called for in the recipe so I bumped everything else up a bit to compensate. (I also didn't have rolled oats so I just used the regular oats I use in cookie recipes. ) I can't tell you if it was good.....I don't eat rhubarb...but everyone else loved it.

5 comments:

Kerry said...

Those ladybugs are adorable Val .... the bigger one has such a sweet, happy face:-) Rhubarb strawberry crisp ... yummy. I bought my 1st batch of rhubarb for the season yesterday .... guess I'll be stewing it today .... delicious:-)

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Val
Your ladybugs are really cute. Love the sound of the strawberry rhubarb crisp. Rhubarb grows well here but I don't like it either.
Lindsay
x

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Cute crafts and the spice rubs was a perfect gift. I tried rhubarb so long ago and didn't like it. My tastebuds have changed a lot -- who knows, I might like it now but then, we may never know. I wonder if we can even get rhubarb here? Probably not. Hope you are having a great day. Tammy

Shawnee said...

Thanks for being such a consistent blogger. I love reading about life in LA. I've got a new apron swap posted, maybe you'd like to sew-along if you're too busy to join. Hugs,
Shawnee
http://www.flirtyapronswap.blogspot.com

annemarie said...

Where did you ever find rhubarb?? I did not think it grew down south. We always had an abundance of it in Minnesota - rhubarb bread, pie, crisp among others - all yummy! You should try it - it really is delicious. Cute ladybugs!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...