Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Flirty swap revisited

I was in Shawnee's latest apron swap. Everything had to be cupcake, cherries and Mary Engelbreit.

I showed you what I received here but couldn't show you what I sent because I was afraid my partner would figure it out! Her favorite color is green (like me) and she lives on a working farm which made me think of plaid.

The front is a clothespin apron and I used M.E. fabric that has cherries on it.
I ADORE this style apron, with its giant pocket. The plaid in the couch matches the coordinating plaid fabric I used.



We had to have cupcakes on the apron too so I made it reversible and created a cupcake applique. This side is my favorite!






Staci does what she calls 'flip flop farmin'...so I included a batch of my bath salts so she can soak her tired feet...after a hard day's work.
I also added a cupcake pincushion, some cute painted clothes pins, cupcake toppers and a couple really good recipes.



I am thrilled that Staci liked everything :-)

10 comments:

Rhonda said...

That apron is adorable. I love that it's reversible and I really love the pockets. Great job!

Lindsay-ann said...

You sent some lovely swap goodies to your partner. The apron is gorgeous. I love the fabric and the cupcake is really cute.
Lindsay
x

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

The apron is so cute. I love the cupcake. What great goodies you sent with it!

The kat"s tale said...

I am diggin it Val. Sorry I haven't been keeping in touch, I do think about my apron sister a lot, just a busy couple of months at work.

Love Ya!

Kathy in Florida

Doris Sturm said...

My gosh! What's not to like? It's like Christmas in July!!!! What wonderful presents - lovely aprons! You are so talented :-)

Crazy Amy said...

That clothes pin front is great! Love the cupcake applique. One day I'll be brave enough to applique something. love that apron!

Baba said...

Oh Val, I can't tell you how much I am enjoying my new apron! I wore it all day yesterday for no other reason than to wear it! You have no idea how much that apron is so "me" - both sides.

The green is the perfect shade and I just adore plaid! I wish I had bolts of that material. Not sure what I'd do with it all...

I loved all of the wonderful goodies you sent as tuck-ins. The hair-tie has already been well-worn.

Oh, the Farmer has made it a point to add the ingredients for your Killer Chocolate Muffins recipe to my grocery list, along with a gallon of milk.

Thank you so much for making my first experience with the Flirty Apron Swap a most wonderful one!

Anonymous said...

Nice Muffin...haha

CJ said...

Cute, cute, cute! Looks like you girls had another great swap with Ms Shawnee:)
Hugz,
Cathy♥♥

jillytacy said...

Very cute. I love all of your tuck-ins. You are so creative!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...