Wednesday, July 14, 2010

catching up...

Over the last 2 weeks I made a few things but couldn't post them because our computer was in the shop...

Here is a little top I crocheted for Curly Girl....


I bought the pattern here and had used it several years ago for another top that she has since outgrown. The pattern stopped several sizes too small but was so easy to enlarge! I'm glad I did it.

I made some crocheted birdies....I got the pattern here. The kids call them 'taco birds.'

I also made an apron for a Bingo game Lori hosted. I made it from a tea towel I'd found a couple years ago. It turned out so cute!

I made Gunter...he was part of June's YOE challenge...we had to take him to a 4th party. I wrote about his naughty behavior here so you may have already heard about him...

I made some bookmarks for a swap. I adore handmade bookmarks....much better than torn up slips of paper! I like the fish thong. I cut up a vintage (I know, don't fuss) playing card to make it. The mushroom has a quote on the back and fits over the top of the page.

I also made some snails for July's YOE. I modified this pattern and really love how they turned out. I'm definitely keeping a few for myself!

What have you made lately?

10 comments:

momma rae said...

you are such a busy lady! i love all of your creations. my faves are that adorable top for curly girl, those sweet birdies and oh my, those snails!

i have not been making as much as i would like to be. i made lap desks for the kids for our road trip. that was probably the last thing i made.

gin said...

you busy girl! I like the top for Curly Girl too. and the taco birds are sweet. I have made my snail for YOE. I think its cute. and I crocheted a sunbonnet pot holder, I amazed myself (it came out good and looks just like the pattern). And, I still have the bird baths to do, promise I'm gonna get them done.

Little Messy Missy said...

The bookmarks and birdies are to die for and that little crocheted is darling!!!! She looks beautiful in it!!!

manda said...

Curly Girl looks fabulous in that top!!! Well done!! Cute little birdies! I have some patterns for some crochet animals, I'll send them to you!
Love the apron, well done!!
Don't show Buffy those snails! She would start salivating!

Crazy Amy said...

that top is adorable and so is curly girl. I love the snails.

LollyChops said...

OMgoodness! You have been SUPER busy! I love that little top for curly gurl and the snails are the ABSOLUTE best!

HUGS Val!

Sandy said...

WOW- I'm loving the crochet top for your curly Girl! Wonderful!
Woot!

Unknown said...

that crocheted halter is just beautiful....it so reminds me of one I had as a kid that my grandma made me.....She looks beautiful in it!
I also am in love with your taco birds...so sweet....
I got your package done and ready to send on Monday! woohoo......
Happy birthday girlfriend, wish I was there to celebrate with you.....maybe someday.....

jillytacy said...

You've been busy crafting! I love the snails and the taco birds. Very cute! The crocheted tops are very cute. Nature Girl still has the ones you sent us. Very cute!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

You've been very busy while the computer was away! Everything turned out great. Love Curly Girl's new top. The colors are wonderful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...