Friday, May 21, 2010

Year of Enchantment, May

May's theme was the mermaid and the challenge was paper.

Here is what I created for Ramie. She already got it and loves it!

It is rather large but I truly love how it turned out!


Here is the rest of the package. I tried to keep everything within the theme.
I crocheted a journal cover out of the softest yarn I've ever felt...and luckily found the perfect little shell shaped button for it's closure.

I also made some bath salts and a mermaid bookmark with pretty yarn.

I included the baubles because she likes to craft with them. The beads are for those days when she puts on her suit and plays mermaid in the pool. The seeds are my favorite so I just had to share some!
I found the oyster shell and it was so pretty once cleaned...thought she could use it somehow.


I thought the quote on the shell was wonderful! It reads:

"When a person knows who she really is,
Once she understands her wild, oceanic self
She discovers her old mermaid self..."


This is the wonderful package I got in return.....

Isn't she AMAZING! I love her 'lady parts' and hair!

Ramie also sent me a starfish candy dish and yummy chocolates (which are in the freezer getting hard again)....a sweet mermaid pouch with jewels...see it on her wrist?


some mermaid papers...much too pretty to use!



Fun fabric...and....a wonderful toadstool panel!



I love EVERYTHING and feel so very spoiled.

Ramie, THANK YOU!

2 comments:

Doris Sturm said...

Oh, such lovely items. Everything looks so enchanting and I think the morning glories fit right in since they're not only blue, but shaped sort of like a seashell...what a nice exchange!

Have a wonderful Friday :-)

manda said...

Oh wow! Everything is just fabulous! I love the mermaids! Yours and hers! And that toadstool panel......wowee!!! Can't wait to see what you make with it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...