Thursday, May 13, 2010

crafty stuff....

My latest project for craft hope is on it's way. These bean bags are going to Liberia to help educate orphans.

Read more about the project here...but have some tissues handy. If you are crafty at all, please consider joining in the mission with the next project!





When we took our whirlwind trip to see my mom for Mother's Day, I took my sister her birthday gift so I wouldn't have to mail it later. She wears an apron almost daily which is giving me a thrill....I plan on helping her stock up!
She is quite the "girly girl" and loves vintage looks so I knew she would LOVE this fabric! I had a cute vintage doily planned for a pocket but once made I made the apron, I couldn't bear to cover any part of it up!

Today I am OFF (well, until noon) and plan on working on my May challenge....what are your plans?

11 comments:

gin said...

cute apron. I have that same fabric. I loved it when I saw it and had to have it. I haven't made anything out of it yet, though.

Madelyn said...

Love the apron. My sister was disappointed that I didn't make her an apron for Mother's Day. I'll have to find the time to whip one up for her.

Claireabelle said...

Wow that apron is gorgeous!!!

You truly are an inspiration for all the work you do, what with your toy donations and now helping the orphans in Liberia.
x

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Adorable apron! Love the bean bags too :)

laterg8r said...

fantastic apron :D

jillytacy said...

This apron is very cute! I'm sure she's going to love it! Who wouldn't!

Doris Sturm said...

What lovely letter pillows for such a great cause.

That apron is very beautiful and I don't blame you for not wanting to cover it up. It looks great just the way it is.

I hope you're going to have a nice weekend. I have a couple of crochet projects to finish so that I can mail them off on Monday.

Kind Regards,
Doris :-)

Doris Sturm said...

Correction: not letter pillows, but numbers pillows (I'm sorry, I'm getting tired ;-)

UK lass in US said...

Cute apron! She wears an apron almost daily? I only drag mine out for my rare baking moments...

Tulsi said...

I'm so glad it doesn't have pockets. I love some of my aprons so much better than putting a pocket on it just to say there is a pocket. I never use them so love an apron just as much without one.

beth said...

Thanks so much for the bean bags! They did arrive and I hope you could see them somewhere in the bean bag pics. Watch our site for pics of the bean bags "in action" when they arrive in Liberian classrooms. Thanks again
Beth at LOEP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...