Thursday, March 12, 2009

A little birdie business....

I love birds.
I usually feed them during the winter... but we didn't do much of that here, it just isn't cold enough.

So instead, I put my favorite purse on a shelf in my closet where I could see it everyday.
This vintage bag was made by Collins of Texas. It was my mom's. It was sitting in the top of her closet so she gave it to me a couple of years ago.
I used it for the entire summer but then I sadly put it away so it wouldn't get worn out or beaten up...or stolen.
This little bag got A LOT of attention...I don't understand why they aren't made any longer. It is small but totally worth the trade off!
I keep thinking I need to display it somehow. It is so beautiful.
Thanks Mom!


another birdie...

Check out this bird mobile I stumbled across. I was looking for a birdie pattern for a swap I'm in.
IT IS AWESOME!

I made 2 little birdies using the pattern....I wish I could say I need to make the mobile...


They look pretty cute....can't wait to make more!

10 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

That purse is precious! What a treasure! And I ADORE your darling little birdies that you made!:) Lori

Jody said...

LOVE the purse!! Also, come over and pick up an award....

Unknown said...

Aweee that purse reminds of times gone bye also... Such a wonderful little purse... I could not help but notice the little birds really do look like the ones on your purse...they are so adorable... :)
M

Shell in your Pocket said...

They are cute! I love the fabrics~ The birds will be out soon:)
sandy toe

annemarie said...

I love your purse and stuffed birdies. They look so cute in the twig wreath - perfect!

Unknown said...

I love my birdie. You are so talented!

Terri said...

Your Mom's purse is so beautiful. I can understand why you would want to save it. Your birdies would look grand on anything! Hugs, Terri

LittleRed said...

That is a very interesting and beautiful purse.....and it's nice that it has a family history to it. That's something nice to keep in the family.

Kellie said...

I love these little birds! And I collect the Enid Collins box purses...I've not seen one like yours w/the birds on it. Adorable!

Sherry said...

Great purse and the birds are so cute!

Have a great day!
Sherry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...