Thursday, March 19, 2009

Crafting kind of weekend........

This past weekend, it rained both days....in fact, it rained Friday thru Monday!
Perfect kind of crafting weather!
I made some toys for upcoming Toy Society drops and we managed to fit in a movie for the kids.
The toys all turned out pretty cute....even the wonky owl. I had to redo his eyes a couple times but then just gave up! He definitely needs glasses!

Today, after the sun came out, I went ahead and dropped the little owl at a local playground.

I hope someone adopts him....even with his wonky eyes!

10 comments:

Bley said...

Thanks for the great bird rattle and lovie idea! If I enlarge the bird pattern enough, it could also be like a throw pillow.

So fun that you're doing Toy Society drops!

Unknown said...

How cute! You're such a sweetie! Hopefully I'll get my room together soon, so I can show off my goodies! I love my birdies!

annemarie said...

I think the owl is adorable - the toy drop idea is great.

Unknown said...

Oh, someone will just love finding him! what a cute little owl and what a great way to make someones day!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I love sewing on rainy days :)

Your little owlie is adorable, but I think the snake is my favorite. I love the color.

Anonymous said...

You are the sweetest! Love your little creations....and I know the new owners will, too! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the toys! I think the wonky-eyes give him character...so cute! Someone will find him and love him just the way he is, and sometimes no matter how many times you try to fix things they will always turn out the same way..because that is how it was meant to be.

Elaine said...

Mr Owl is soo cute! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love it! I would be so excited to find something like this- I'm sure he'll bring a whole lot of joy to the lucky recipient. :)

Quiltingranny said...

Val, I just love the way you drop things off so people can be blessed! Sorry I missed your apron swap, it looks so wonderful!
Stop by my blog and sign up for Aprils giveaway!
http://www.quiltingranny.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...