Monday, March 10, 2008

"Let them eat cake..."


My sister and her hubby came over this weekend and brought my dear dad for a visit.

We had a really good time! I cooked and cooked to my little heart's content.

I really LOVE to cook and try 1-2 new recipes a week if possible.
My kids are great sports....they try everything and if it isn't to their liking, they know I'll throw something in for them. Lucky kids....yes, but since they usually like what I cook, it works out. My husband likes to cook too so he enjoys me trying out new recipes.

I always do a dessert when we have company and this time, I tried a new cake out on my sister (Miss Picky , like me....)
She wouldn't let me tell her the 'secret' ingredient because she was afraid she wouldn't taste it if she knew!!!! Well, one bite and she was hooked.....just like everyone else who has tried it!

I thought it would be nice to share the recipe. I don't know 'who' the original owner of the recipe is or I'd give credit here.

A friend from Fort Worth brought me this cake one day as a thank you and I ended up begging her for the recipe. (Thanks Cindy!)

It is a Marble Pistachio Cake and it is AWESOME.
Fear not, I like pistachio nuts but NOT in sweets so I didn't think I would like it....but it is wonderful...moist and chocolaty!

Here it is:

1 box yellow cake mix (regular size)
1 package instant pistachio pudding
4 eggs
1 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1/4 cup chocolate syrup (I use a bit more)

One greased and floured bundt pan. I spray it with cooking spray and sugar it instead....

Combine all ingredients EXCEPT chocolate syrup into your mixer.
Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.

Pour about a third of the batter into the bundt pan. Pour another third of the batter into another bowl and mix in the chocolate syrup. Then pour the chocolate batter on top of the first layer of batter in the bundt pan.

Scrap down the main bowl and pour it over the chocolate layer.

At this point, run a skinny spatula through the batter around the pan once.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes or until done.

Let cool. Serve with a sprinkling of powdered sugar on top.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...