Thursday, March 27, 2008

Beignets and memories.......



When I was a child, we lived in Germany for 3 years and we were exposed to some really wonderful culinary treats! My dad was always making his own recipes up after eating something he found 'worthy' of his time and effort.
He created a beignet recipe and french hot chocolate recipe which he would use for special gatherings and holidays.
I remember having them every Christmas Eve until I went to college.

Now he has passed the torch on to me. I have his cookbook (which he sadly never attempted to get published....) and I use it all the time! Thanks Papa!

This morning our son asked for beignets for breakfast....and he said that he wanted to cook them! I think he is tired of his sister having all the fun in the kitchen.



The only thing I did was fry them in the hot oil.

He is looking pretty proud of them.....they were just as good as always.......thanks to Papa's great recipe.


Cafe du Monde, eat your heart out!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

yum, yum, yum.......I loe beignets. My first and really only experience with them was while on a Spring Break trip with my friends from College. We ate at that cafe and they were delicious!!

Good for M for getting in the kitchen too!

Tracey said...

Your kids are so cute! I can't stand it!! You should try publish your dad's recipe book. What a fun thing that would be. I would buy one!! Hope breakfast was good. It sure looks like it was!

Dragonflymom said...

Mr Chef? LOL very cute post.......I can't wait to make some myself. I lost the recipe though :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...