Sunday, March 2, 2008

Happy Birthday!




Saturday was our son's 12th birthday!

He is the typical preteen though and I didn't get many pictures of him WITHOUT a weird face being made!
He was 'king' of the day. I began cooking at 5 am to make sure he was one happy boy!
He requested homemade beignets for breakfast and followed up with brisket sandwiches for lunch. I lucked out at dinner, because he requested we go out to eat. Little did he know his father told our waitress it was his birthday, so he got pretty embarrassed by being the center of attention during a 'birthday' song! He told us later that we'll be staying HOME for his birthday in the future.........yeah....wait a few more years and he will be BEGGING to have waitresses sing for him!!!!

He is an avid reader so for one of his gifts, I made him a 'reading pillow' by using a pattern I bought from Meg at Montessori by Hand.

Overall, he had a great day full of fun and surprises!


1 comment:

Dragonflymom said...

I love the pillow.......great job. Your son is handsome....and I know what you mean......AJ use to love having his picture taken, but now I am lucky if I get a decent one of him not making some weird face. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...