Monday, December 10, 2012

Mosaic Monday: birdbaths

I don't normally make mosaics in cooler weather.  Typically, the urge to create them strikes as soon as warm weather starts sneaking back into my bones.  But I have a couple of friends I wanted to make these for.   I've wanted to make them for a long time now but something always came up.  
 




Since time was a factor, I stuck with my favorite shape for birdbaths, the spiral.  It is simple but evokes the feeling of movement...at least to me.  I also used colors that birds tend to migrate to so I know once found, they will be used.


This wraps up my "make it monthly" for 2012.  I haven't decided if I will do it again next year, but I am certainly pleased at how many gifts I finished.   

As Christmas looms, it feels good to know that some gifts are snuggled safely in my closet, waiting to be wrapped.  Some will be "add-ons" put into a bag as a little extra goodie.  Some are the main event, hopefully deemed worthy as a Christmas gift all by itself.   Some are for family, some are for friends and co-workers.

From my home to yours......I wish you a wonderful, stress free holiday season.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

You've done a great job of getting things done. A little something handmade is all I would need to feel like I'd been given the best gift of all. Happy holidays ! Tammy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...