Saturday, February 25, 2012

saying goodbye

I want to thank you all for your good thoughts and heartfelt prayers concerning my brother in law, Bill.
Today is his memorial service.

Bill loved my sister fiercely and for that I will always be grateful.

Once he and my sister moved to their farm, you would usually find him in the garden or with this blue beast cutting hay for the horses. Other times, he was dragging home stray cats and dogs to care for.




but he was happy to hang with the rest of the family too...especially if someone was telling a good joke.


We love you Bill, until we meet again...

9 comments:

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

So sorry (((((hugs))))) for you all!

Elaine said...

Sounds like a real sweet man. Prayers for you and your family.

dkuroiwa said...

my thoughts and prayers are with your sister and the rest of your family...may your love be the support that holds everyone together, in this, most difficult of times.

annemarie said...

I am so sorry Val - prayers for you, your sister and your families.

gin said...

so sorry. still sending heartfelt thoughts and prayers to you and your sister and family.

Zoƫ said...

I am sorry for you loss. May your memories of him last forever and often make you laugh.

Denise said...

my thoughts, prayers and hugs to your family. yes you will meet again!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Dear Val, I was so sorry to hear of Bill's passing. Any man who brings home stray animals to care for must have been a truly gentle, kind man. Sending heartfelt wishes to your sister. Peace & blessings, Tammy

jillytacy said...

What a nice post! You all continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...