Monday, February 6, 2012

decorating and a dance

Saturday I had to restring the lights around my front door so I spruced up the swag for Valentine's Day. I had some tulle from Christmas and used my old heart shaped rag wreaths. It turned out really pretty.


front at dusk
and at night...sorry it is blurry but you get a better idea of how pretty it is when it is dark outside.

tulle is so cheap that I think I'll swap it out for Mardi Gras colors and some beads on the 15th!

Saturday night was a special night for my son. He and his girlfriend went to the Who's Who dance at his school.
Here he is....all smiles getting ready....


very proud of the tie he chose. (He wanted to look good for his sweetie..)



as usual, his smile never left his face....and I was told her smile didn't either!

7 comments:

Kerry said...

Your front door looks gorgeous Val ... very welcoming.
Matt looks so handsome all dressed in his finery .... they all grow up too fast - I often say that I should have pickled my 2 when they were small:-)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

My 16 year old can't have moments like this because of the culture we live in. And if he has a girlfriend, I sure don't know about it. The swag around your door looks great. And will be perfect in Mardi Gras colors, too. Have a wonderful week. Tammy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

My 16 year old can't have moments like this because of the culture we live in. And if he has a girlfriend, I sure don't know about it. The swag around your door looks great. And will be perfect in Mardi Gras colors, too. Have a wonderful week. Tammy

Quiltingranny said...

He is growing up right in front of our eyes Val and what a handsome young man he is becoming. Hey, I am having a giveaway, stop by if you want, leave a comment that is all it takes:
http://quiltingranny.blogspot.com/2012/02/we-are-not-moving-giveaway.html

Unknown said...

now I see what you are talking about....this is oh so gorgeous!!!! I love tulle...and red and lights and sparkles..oh gosh, I love itall

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Your doorway looks so dramatic! Great idea to change it out each month.

jillytacy said...

The door looks fabulous! They both look very happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...