Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mardi Gras!

For Fat Tuesday, we went into 'town' to have fun at the Mardi Gras parades!




This particular parade is the "Truck Parade"...they have 110 18 wheelers that are decorated for the parade....too much fun!









Ripstick Boy got these great clown glasses. He wore them for most of the parades....then some guy on one of the truck floats begged him to trade...so he got 2 huge bags of beads in exchange for them!

here is the guy with his new glasses getting his bags together for the trade....


The guy was screamin 'YOU DA MAN' as he drove away....too funny.
Even thought that was great, the fact that girls were pointing to him to come get beads from them made his day even more...

Here we are in between floats...I have NO idea what everyone is looking at.... it makes a funny picture though!


The kids got a lot of beads....and had a lot of fun. Poor Dean got a sore neck!
But we ALL had a great time!


See ya next year!

5 comments:

Quiltingranny said...

Oh My Val! Thanks so much for the memories. I worked for a short time at the BP oil refinery in Jesuit Bend and arrived on Fat Tuesday. I went to so many parades, but my favorite was in the Metarie. I came home with loads of goodies and still have a few dubloons for free drinks. Soft shelled crabs,alligator gumbo and frozen daiquiris....long time ago, but many fun times & yes, I still have some of the beads I scrambled for...so much fun & loved the glasses!

Solidia said...

Alright now! I'm getting a little bit jealous of all the fun you are having. But I'm so glad you are kind enough to share it with me. :)

Becky said...

Val, I love your stories about how much fun y'all have as a FAMILY!!! It's just wonderful!

Elaine said...

How fun. Love the trucks and your son is so funny, trading those glasses for beads.

One of these days I will get to Mardi Gras.

Rhonda said...

What a wonderful view of Mardi Gras....I've never been but you have given me some insight. Thank you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...