23 hours ago
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
its about time!
We move so often, I am constantly making new curtains.
This time I was simply not interested...so I took some green ones we used in our living room in the last house and put them up in the bedroom.
After a year of seeing them....WAY too short and thin, Dean 'urged' me to either make some or buy a new bed set that included some!
After searching for ANOTHER year, I came to the conclusion that I would revamp the green ones. I just could not bring myself to spend the amount of money I've seen on new bedding and curtains!
So......I begin searching for fabric...which took about 6 months.
I found some on sale and used it to lengthen the curtains and to make the valances. I didn't actually like the valances at first so I ran out and bought some tassel fringe and added it to them.
Now I love them!
here is the side view so you can see how it ties into the bedding.
So after almost 3 years, the master bedroom is COMPLETE ( except for the crown moulding we want to add...)
On another note...I ADORE this medieval tapestry fabric but cannot find it ANYWHERE...not even online. I only had a remnant...but would love more....if any of my sewing friends know where to find it, PLEASE let me know!