Saturday, September 5, 2009

Crafty little witch.....


Ripstick Boy has been home sick for 2 days. (in fact, he is STILL sick, poor thing....nothing serious though so don't freak out....)

Anyhoo, he is NEVER sick but he has the whole high fever, chills, cough, runny (I mean, come ON) nose....his nose looked like your knees do after falling off your bike and landing on gravel.
I mean, REALLY! Talk about ground beef....yuck.

But, I digress.....

Since he was sick, he slept A LOT.
So I got to craft A LOT!
Yea! (is it bad to say 'yea' in a post where you just mentioned your son was home sick?)
Hope not!

So.......look what I did!

I finished up these little "skelepins"......... I crocheted the roses using a pattern I found here and then added the little decorated skeleton heads and pins to finish them off.




and here is how one looks on April



I made up a small batch of "Beetle Juice" for a Witches Cupboard I am creating....




I altered a teeny cigar box....




here is the inside...




Remember this post?
Well, I managed to add a 'finishing' touch to one of the little plaques...creepy, huh?



I won't pull out the Halloween decorations until the last weekend of September, but wanted to get some fall decorations up.

I put some flowers in the letter holder by the front door.



Mr. Crow looks mighty snug!



and I added some fall garland to the grapevine I keep around the front door......kind of funny to see the happy ferns still there.....but they are about 200 pounds each and I refuse to kill 'em off!
I'll add some 'fall' stuff to them later....



a close up of the garland......it is VERY pretty but hard to see at a distance.




Now, sweet readers don't forget about my little Halloween swap!
Sign ups end today so grab a badge and send me your info, you won't want to miss it!

7 comments:

Betty aka Fudgie said...

holey halloweenie! you go girl!
Looks wonderful!

Abigail said...

Hmm, I wish I was home. I have a leaf garland you would love. Next trip home it's going into a box for you!

NadineC said...

LOVE the Skelipins! You are sooo creative :-)

mysteryhistorymom said...

Wow, Val! My goodness, that spider gives me the willies! You are sooo ready for Halloween!;) Love it! Lori

Unknown said...

I love the spiders... so awesome.. your front stoop is amazing.. You always come up with such fun stuff!!
I hope Rip Stick boy gets to feeling better soon :)
M

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

What fabulous Halloween decorations! I love Halloween. And it looks like I just missed your swap deadline. Hopefully it's a success for you and there aren't any flakes. ;o)

By the way, I love your blog name!

Unknown said...

It all looks scary and just like fall which I love...i am so excited to get started...still gathering ideas.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...