Wednesday, August 19, 2009

transformations......

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of FALL!
I love the colors and scents....I love the cooler weather (even though that doesn't arrive here until October...) and the foods I start to cook. The house always smells wonderful.
I also love to decorate for Halloween and to some extent, Thanksgiving.

I've been creating up a storm. I can't show everything because I'm sending some off to my bloggy friend Lori. She's gotta have some surprises, right?

With that in mind, here are two things I created I can share.......easy peasy too.

First off, I stumbled across these things on clearance at Hobby Lobby for less than a dollar each.




and turned them into these with stuff I had on hand at home.......

cute, huh?

I forgot to take separate photos of this next one.

My mom had an ugly grey rose pin from an old suit. One trip to the dollar store later and I made this....a broach I know any "ghoul" would love to wear on Halloween!



So.......are any of you creating fun Halloween goodies yet?

3 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

You know I am, Cutie Pie!:) What you have done is amazing! Such a transformation! I am soooooo ready for Fall, too! Lori

I cannot wait to see what you have in store for me- Yippee!

gin said...

what scary transformations!! i too like the fall (mainly because of family birthdays and anniversary), but summer time is my favorite!!

Liz said...

I haven't even started to think about Halloween yet, but I should. I need to pin the kids down about what they want be so I can get cracking on their costumes. In our house they've got to be homemade!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...