Monday, September 7, 2009

Mr. Chunky and Ms. Funky...


Mr. Chunky and Ms. Funky were made for the latest crafthope project: preschool aged burn victims. You can read about it here.

I had such fun making this little couple and planned on shipping them off to California together.

Unfortunately for me, the couple had other plans.

You see, Ms. Funky decided her long hair was NOT the best idea for such small children and decided to try her luck in NOLA.
So, she changed her name to"Madame Singe La Rue" and has become a crystal ball reader down in the Quarter.
Since today is Labor Day, she is modeling a demure apron in a patriotic themed fabric.......except for the garish blue eye shadow, you'd never KNOW she was such a FUNKY MONKEY!



Here she is awaiting her first customer....I hope someone comes along soon, it looks like rain.


As for Mr. Chunky, he was understandably devastated at the lose of his soul mate. He jumped into a box and flew off to California by himself.
He didn't even give me a chance to pack a banana for him to snack on!
All that being said, I feel certain he will find some small tot at the burn center to love him dearly.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Absolutely the cutest lil monkeys I have ever seen! Love them! Great Job.

Betty aka Fudgie said...

Oh for Funky Chunky sakes! Once again you get an "M"...that's "M" for margarita, not monkey! Those creatures are too cute. I have a womb of "socks" waiting to "birth" into monkeys. I had to postpone the class this summer and now you have inspired me to "go go" as Tim Gunn would expound!

momma rae said...

ah, i love that you are so generous with your crafty love! you have surely brought smiles to so many children. :)

p.s. i finally posted!

Unknown said...

oh no.... poor poor monkeys.. they will never make it to the top 100 billboard charts now that they have broken up!!
LOL I love them they are just as cute as can be!!!
Yes sometimes we forget about the wee ones when we are creating don't we?
M

CathyJean said...

Soooo cute! :) lol!!

jenni.simplebeans said...

oh my those are awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...